- Several brake materials, including sintered metal and organic
- Spring retracted brake pads
- Applicable for several disc thicknesses
- Air gap brake pads according to customer specification
- Grooved brake pads for redirecting fine dust & contamination
- Lifting eyes for good handling and fitting
- Drain ports for oil leakage, preventing pads contamination
- Brake pads with electric wear indicators
Active rotor brakes
Active rotor brakes are part of the aerodynamic braking system of the rotor of a wind turbine. Active rotor brakes are hydraulic applied and spring released, meaning that the braking force depends on the hydraulic pressure.
When the turbine is in operation, the active rotor brake is without hydraulic pressure and the brake linings are retracted by springs.
Active rotor brakes are used as an emergency brake and for positioning the rotor to apply rotor lock devices for mechanical locking during maintenance.