- Electrically powered
- Compact and maintenance-free design
- Additional mechanical block
- Pilot operated non return valves
- Locked / unlocked electrical positioning signal
- Easy apply of lock pin due to conical shaft-end
- High quality materials
- Standard or offshore design
- Offshore protection as per ENI 2944
- Greasing via grease nipple
- Screw jack & planetary gear to increase force
- Brake on motor for emergency stops
Rotor locks are used to lock the rotor of wind turbines for maintenance purposes. When maintenance is needed, rotor brakes will stop the wind turbine from operating so that after a full standstill the rotor lock can be activated. The rotor lock is operated automatically or manually and can be performed in an electrical, hydraulic or mechanical way.
The rotor lock is manufactured to specifically withstand the requirements of operating under harsh working conditions. The materials that are used are of high quality and the locking pin is hardened to withstand high radial forces. Our rotor locks have an electric fail-safe position switch that gives a signal when the rotor lock is retracted or extended.